Monday, December 15, 2008

Eat that Frog

I remember as I stepped into December,
I told myself that I will blog more often.
It's three weeks into December and I am far
from active in blogging.

Isn't it always like that.
We always have constructive plan,
the only thing is that the action part is missing.

I once read a book entitled " Eat that Frog"
A book in which the author advocates constructive living.
And how is the frog involve here?

It's an anology which he uses.
He says if you have to eat a frog alive,
it's no point sitting the whole day looking at it.
Just eat it up!

And if you need to eat two frogs,
eat the uglier one first, then the
other one will be easier to swallow.

I thought that was quite cleverly put.

For the whole of December,
I was really busy shopping for Christmas presents.
Hmm ... I kind of enjoy going down Orchard Road
in a weekday. Ha Ha! a luxury for working slave like me.

This year has been one after many years which I did not go on a holiday abroad. It was suppose to be Osaka and that was cancelled due to Derrick's work commitment. Then the Bangkok trip was put off after a massive riot in the Bangkok International airport.

But I somehow enjoy the non-hectic days, doing nothing in particular.
Like I say, its a luxury for city dwellers like us.

Must savour whatever is remaining before 2009 begins.

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...