Friday, December 25, 2009

There are all kinds of bottles and jars that each of us lives in


After publishing my entry on " Living in a bottle", I received a reply from a friend. The reply is really insightful and I thought I want to share with my reader:

To the guy who has been living in a bottle ...

Knock knock! Are you there? ... You know, there are all kinds of bottles and jars that each on of us lives in in our lives. Sometimes, we shut it close. Sometimes, we are trapped. Sometimes, it shields us from pain and hurt. Sometimes, nobody hears our cries. And sometimes, it's probably a choice ...

Read your blog post about living in a bottle ... I know I can never fully understand the kind of misery you have gone through as a child and maybe now as an adult. I probably don't have that magical power to make things easier or better for you. But please accept this little gift from me ( see picture ) - a little ordinary looking glass bottle. But within this bottle, there's abundance of joy, care and love. Use your hand to open this bottle and share those little joys, care and love. You are certainly capable of doing it because at times, it is not so much of an illness or deficiency but it is a choice. Joy, care and love can be shared and expressed in so many ways. I feel that at times, understanding the different and unique ways that each one of us expresses ourselves would probably allow all of us to better communicate. Well, maybe let us be thankful that sometimes, the bottles that we are living in are transparent, rays of light do enter and warmth can still be felt.

"The Wednesday Letters" ( by Jason Wright ) does not happen only in movies and novels. It can happen if we want to make it happen. Again here, it is a choice. Pardon me for always being so idealistic and impractical, maybe it's a choice for me to live in fantasy at times ... You know, Yue Niang made me believe that angels do exist, these angels would quietly slip little gifts into our lives, making each day a beautiful one. My dear angel, I will never ever forget those moments that you have made me smile ... Being thought of and missed have always been considered as wonderful gifts to me. :-) I don't know what's gonna happen the next day or if I would live past 40 but I'll try to make sure I've smiled today and be thankful for what I have. As the new year approaches, I hope that you will be blessed with gifts that can be felt with your heart ...

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...