Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

Christmas for me is always spent with my group of friends. We have done this for the longest time, for the pass ten years I think. This year's celebration is at Siew Boon's home, a change from our usual Christmas haunt at Erinna's home.

Christmas will never be complete without food, drinks and gifts. This year, while everyone is cutting budget, I've spent more than a thousand dollars on Christmas presents.

When buying presents, my philosophy is to try to buy things the receipient will like. Of course it has to be something I like too. If I don't consider the recipient's liking, then my gift could be a white elephant or worse something useless to him or her.

I've received great gifts this year too. Especially love those bags which I recieved. Hmm... how my friend's understand that I am a sucker for nice bags.

Having said all the above, but I personally feel that Christmas goes beyond food, drinks and presents. Christmas isn't Christmas without our faith in Jesus. It is Jesus' love and grace for us that we are able to come together every December to celebrate together.

After you have achieve your milestones in life such as a good career, family and financial stability, what else do you look for in life?

Everyone needs a Faith and it is this Faith that will sail you through the storms in life. My greatest Christmas wish this year is for all my family members and my friends to come to know GOD in a very personal way the coming year.

May this Christmas be the beginning of enlightenment in your faith for you.

Merry Christmas and a meaningful and smooth sailing new year to you.

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...