Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Can Happiness be bought?




Can happiness be bought?

I bought a bottle of "Happy" at T2 as I was setting off to Bangkok.

Wanted to buy this for a long time as I love its refreshing citrus smell.
It really energise me in the morning, and do make me happy.

Others buy "Happiness" in the form of other products.
For Derrick and Billy, happiness is derived when they shop for branded goods,
and for me, my off the shelf "happiness" comprises of beautiful forms which I could sling over my shoulders.

One setback about such happiness derived from the exchanged with money is that it probably last only for a short while, after which we would have to continue our search for these happiness in other shopping malls.

For many, if you ask them what is their purpose in life,
they would likely to tell you that they are in search of a happy life.

If money can only buy momentary happiness,
then how should one acquire lasting happiness?

Have you thought about it or are you already enjoying the fruit of your search?

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...