Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ah "Chek"

I went to the coffee shop on Saturday morning to have my breakfast.
The uncle serving coffee came up from my back and asked, " Ah chek, ai lim mai? " ( you want to drink anything in hokkien ) I vaguely heard him.

After I told him I wanted Kopi Siew Dai, I try to recall was it " Ah Chek " that he addressed me.

Hmm ... I mean, do I look like Ah Chek ( really old uncle )now?
or was it that he came from behind and didn't have a good look at me.
Or could it be that by addressing me as Ah Chek, he thought was polite.

A thousand thoughts went through my mind finding an excuse for being called an old uncle.
I am definitely in denial when comes to aging.
I mean, being called " uncle " is already bad enough, what more " Ah Chek ",
I am trying every possiblility to dismiss this one as an inaccurate judgement by the uncle serving the drinks.

How could I look like an " Ah Chek " when the day before somebody just thought I was in my thirties.

Chey!!!

2 comments:

mabel said...

Mark, don't worry, you definitely don't look like Ah Chek.

M@rk said...

Ha ha Mabel

Thanks for the assurance. I can be so insecured. Hee Hee

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...