Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Crunch Punch


Kelvin came to my cubicle to pass me this modest looking kiddy snack, "Crunch Punch" so it was named. I look at it, and was so skeptical about him saying that it's nice. Hmm, can't really believe what he said cos you know, the packaging its so ... cheap!



I told him dun bluff me and he insisted that it's delicious. I opened it and took a bite, and really, it's crunchy and actually taste good. It did not taste like cheap product. Have it been in a better packaging and sold at some high class boutique shops, it probably could be sold at an exorbitant price judging from its taste.



Still cautious about the melamine scandal, I quickly scanned the wrapper for the manufacturing country, the few Korean words suggested that it must be from Korea.



You know, as we get more affluence, we go for more sophisticated things. Things with unimpressive packaging do not catch our attention anymore. Do that then brand us the "snob" label?



Isn't this true about human too. If your appearance looks unimpressive, be it looks or presentation, people don't even pay attention to you. You will simply fade into obscurity.



Living in obscurity by no means is a bad thing, I for one love to lie low in the background. I love to be in low profile job... but just pay me well. Ha! Ha! I don't mind not having the fame but give me enough money to lead a comfortable life. Isn't that wonderful, but more often than not, given a certain pay package, you are required to lead people and work with them. And that's when complications start.

“有人就有江湖”

2 comments:

siewboon said...

Somehow, your last para seemed to have kinda struck a nail within me…I share your sentiments. Hmm, fame, popularity, prestige and wealth…all of these do not necessarily make people any happier, may at times bring about misery. Ha, what is happiness then and what makes a happy person? I guess it will always remain a question with no definite answer. If I can remember clearly, two years ago while I was kinda stuck at a crossroad junction in my life, you reminded me that there’s always a choice in our lives, the road that we wanna take. I wouldn’t disagree with that. However, I feel that it’s really more of whether we want to and are able to face the consequences of the choices we make in life.

Welcome said...

I just had this snack which brought me to your blog. Now if only I can find a way to get my fix coz I'm hooked.

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...