Saturday, January 10, 2009

Retreat

The 2 day retreat started yesterday and ended today with pottery class this morning.

I really love Thow Kwang which is tucked away in the western end of Singapore. One would feel so far away from the hustle and bustle of busy Singapore when one is there.

The place is tranquil and peaceful and you could hear birds chirping and fresh air fills the air.

Mrs Tan, the third generation owner was there to give us a run down of the history of the last two dragon kilns left in Singapore and how they manage to survive the pottery trade for over forty years.

I made a soap dish in the pottery class and very eager and excited to see the outcome after the firing. I've to wait till end Feb to see the output.

On the first day of retreat, we closed the day with the activity, cobweb of appreciation. The emo kid, Ginger almost broke into tears while extending her appreciation to me.

Today, we closed the retreat with giving feedback on AFI to each other.

Although I know my AFIs, but having seen them written down and given to me by my bosses and peers was like .... hitting a nail on my head.

Anyway, I've chosen to work on looking less a turn-off by smiling more and to watch my words, actions and how I carry myself as I could be very curt and hurting at times.

Sigh!

1 comment:

siewboon said...

Watz this cobweb of appreciation all about? Where’s this place datz away from the hustle and bustle of city life? *curious* :P Must share share when u are free k.

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...