Sunday, August 29, 2010

Flown in Noodles


When Evie asked me what I want from Taiwan, I immediately requested that she bring me some sesame sauce cold noodles. I was elated when she brought me three packets.

 
When I had a packet for breakfast yesterday, it was like eating happiness and joy. I just love it. Although it was already a day old, the noodles is still silky smooth. The sesame sauce was not salty and it was seasoned to perfection. The garlic paste added a little spiciness to my humble yet superbly delicious noodles.





Evie had gone to 7 eleven at about 5 am in the morning before leaving to the airport to get the three packets of noodles for me, so that she could get the ones made that morning.




I fell in love with this humble food when a friend introduced me to it when we were in Taiwan two years ago. I was sceptical in the beginning, but after the first mouthful, I was completely bought in.

If you are ever in Taiwan, try it.
And if you are flying from Taiwan,
remember to fly in some for me. Hee! Hee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twice I was in Taiwan and never tried the noodles, now I wish I had.

M@rk said...

Rene

The next time you are in Taiwan, please remember to try it.

Anonymous said...

HI Mark,
I'm going Taiwan in Oct, 1 week.thanks for sharing.

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...