Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Yummy Penang Food

These are some of Penang specialties. They are the must try when you are in Penang. I've arranged them in accordance to my preference.


This is a very simple dish, kuay teow soup. I've never tasted anything in Singapore that could match this standard. It's really sweet and tasty, yet the sweetness is not from MSG. It tastes very natural. I really love it.


This Chee Cheong Fan dish is different from Singapore's. The Penang way of making this is to add prawn paste. I really slupped up every drip of the paste.


The Penang curry mee has pig's blood. The soup tastes really good and I don't think coconut milk is added.


Penang Laksa, the all time favourite.


Penang Char Kuay Teow, comes with really huge prawns and they are crunchy too. It's unlike Singapore Char Kuay Teow which is normally fried with black sauce.

3 comments:

godessunseen101 said...

Nice Photos!
The food looks lovely, I would eat it all in a second !

http://vintagepoppa.com
Please Follow Me(:

Arjuna Timur said...

nice work
delicious

Anonymous said...

The food looks yummy, great pics.

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...