Monday, May 24, 2010

St John Island

I was at St John Island over the weekend. It was a lovely trip. St John is the sister island of Sentosa which is situated at the south of Singapore.
Unlike it's renowned sister, St John is a quiet and sleepy island which attracts very few visitors. I was really fortunate that I was able to witness sunset as well as a stars filled sky at night.
In contrast with the urbanized Sentosa island that is filled with thousand visitors everyday, St John has it's rustic charm and it is really a great getaway for people who wants a break from neon lights and all things plastic.
The management is now renovating some of the wooden huts for rental to the public. Hope I'll get to visit St John again, the last time I visited the island was about 30 years ago.

4 comments:

Hence72 said...

hi pleased to meet you

loving your blog

come pay a visit some time

Anonymous said...

Lucky you, I would like to visit such an island, but there aren't any near the state of Texas.

M@rk said...

Hence72

Thanks for dropping by and I'm glad that you love my blog. Wink!

M@rk said...

Rene

Over at this part of the world, there are lots of islands in the region. Yes I should say I'm lucky as I love the sun, sand and sea.

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...