Monday, June 8, 2009

Osaka Day 3 Part 1


This morning, Yoshi used tora cards to sort of read our state of emotions. He said something which I totally agree.

In life, things happen and by itself, it has no emotion attached to it. But when we start to react to the situation and start to generate emotions from it, then we get suck into the whirlpool of emotions.

For example, if a man did not call his wife, perhaps there was a lot to do in the office, it is just a fact. The wife on the other hand could react to this situation by attaching negative feelings to it. She could feel that her husband doesn't love her, he could have a mistress, he thought that she was old and not attractive anymore, etc...

A very simple lesson I have learnt today. Don't read too much into a situation. All the negative feelings that we choke up could just be our imagination gone wild.

I hope you agree with me too.

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...