Monday, April 13, 2009

Confession of an online idiot shopper

Uniqlo has opened its first flagship store at Tampines One.

Come July, two more mega shopping malls will be opening its door to the economy tsunami immuned shoppers.


Recently, I caught the movie " Confession of a Shopaholics" and man! she reminded me of how Derrick would shop.

Derrick would walked into a store and convinced himself that he needed 3 pairs of shoes for his pair of legs, and that's to add to his collection of more than 15 pairs at home. I mean, why does he need so many pairs of shoes when he has only a pair of legs. Or is he schizophrenic and thinks he is a centipede sometimes?


Have you ever wonder why so many malls are still rooting up when in this era, we have an influx of online shopping where things are cheaper I guess.


Last Sunday, I must confessed that it was my first time shopping online. I have paid my roadtax and online banking on the net in the past, but that's about all when comes to money transactions. It never goes beyond such mundane chore as paying my bills. Call me an internet novice, but when comes to buying things, I would want to touch it, feel it, look at it at different angles and sometimes, smell it. Like when I am purchasing leather products or durians, both, I would bring it close to my nose and give it a good sniff just to ensure that I am paying good money for good stuff.


I was introduced to this game.com by the newspapers and went up to browse through the Wii games put on sale online. Such item doesn't require me to feel its texture, or to examined it from more than one angle. It's basically whether you like the game and that you could roughly have an idea by reading the synopsis. And as a careful shopper, I still checked out the price at a store in Parkway Parade and convinced myself that it was cheaper for me to buy online.


Lucky for me, the purchase procedure was simple and I data entried my personal info and then posted an order to purchase a boxing game. One day later, a girl called me to confirmed my order and arrange for a delivery time. It's simple!

with such convenience, still I would prefer to shop most of my items at one of those posh shopping malls where I could feel the product or sink my teeth on the texture to test its durability.

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...