Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Excuse me, are you a model?

I was in the library yesterday and stumbled upon this book. For those who don't know who Bonny Hicks was, you are probably young, gorgeous and at your prime now.


This book was published in 1990. That's almost two decades ago.


When they launched this book, someone from my varsity invited her to our faculty to talk about her book. It was such a Hoo-Haa then. She was only 21 then. It is a pity that she did not survive the plane crash a couple of years ago.

I borrowed the book as I was curious about what she had written about. My intuitive self reckoned that there must be interesting juicy stuff to read about. She appeared to be rather matured in her writing for a person her age. Perhaps the fashion industry had hastened her development. I personally felt she was really courageous to reveal her love life and her intimacy with various men. On the whole, my personal take is that she was candid and real in her biography.




No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...