Friday, June 11, 2010

Shangrila Monestry


Sonma and I on the way to 松赞林寺


Sonma against the 松赞林寺

As I stepped out of my Banyan Tree Hotel room which is a Tibetian house. The sky was so crystal blue that each fluffy cloud was so distinct against the blue background.


It was still chilly in the morning, we were scheduled to visit the largest Buddhist monestry in Yunan Province, 松赞林寺.


We were greeted by our really hospitable guide Sonma, though almost 50 she's still very strong and agile. She spoke English and explained every details to us from the names of various flowers growing along the road to the very profound history of buddhism.


 I could sensed she has contentment in her heart. When I asked her whether she like shangrila, which in Tibetian means heaven paradise, she replied, " Shangrila is in our heart, only when we feel peace and contentment in our heart, we will not have shangrila."

So, do you have Shangrila?

Sonma brought us to her friend's house, a traditional Tibetian house, to have afternoon tea


Butter tea and tibetian bread


A traditional Tibetian house will house the human on the second level and their flocks on the first level.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I stumbled upon your blog, and I think that guides aged with wisdome are perhaps the best part of traveling to a new place. I will forever remember my guide from a hidden temple in Israel. (I'm a new blogger, and not sure how this all works but if you're into other people's travels and such, feel free to check out my blog http://anuntoldinspiration.blogspot.com/2010/06/introduction.html)

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...