Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Violet Man


We bought this painting at Bangkok.
It is named "Violet Man" by the painter.
As we walked along the alleys of Chachuchak market, snaking pass the compartments of shops selling pieces of art, Violet Man captured my attention amidst the roles and roles of paintings.

It was priced at Thai Baht $18 000, but we managed to bring the price down to Thai Baht $8 500. The painter seems eager to sell it, and from the layer of dust and insect eggs and droppings, it must have been there for a long time.

Art is very personal and how much it is priced lies in the heart of the beholder. To some, Thai Baht $8500 is too much for this painting by an unknown painter, to others it could be a bargained for a painting that size.

I just love the way the artist painted the man with just shades of black and white. 

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...