Friday, July 16, 2010

SALT

When my colleague suggested of going to MacDonalds for lunch, I was quite reluctant.

I'm an old fashioned man. I like hawker center food. Something that's hot and yummy.

I ordered the $4.50 lunch time set meal which came with a fillet, a huge fries and a medium coke light.

I read an article recently about salt consumption. Excessive intake of salt will harm our kidney and alarmingly, a huge percentage of Singaporean have exceeded the recommended amount of salt intake a day. As we eat out more often nowadays, we are not able to control the amount of salt use in the food we purchased. And, the sauces that come with the food, the ketchup and chilli sauce that we dip our food in, all contain large amount of salt.

I was kind of weary of the salt content on my fries, so I scrapped off the salt on the surface of my fries, and that was the amount of salt I could have eaten together with my fries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salt is the reason I cook at home and eat out once in a great while. I flavor my food with mixed spices. Live long and prosper.

M@rk said...

Rene

Wow! you are so health conscious and I am sure you will live well. What about excercise? Excercise is the other components for keeping fit and healthy.

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...