Monday, April 19, 2010

Kampong Toilet

I went to a nursery to look at some plants last Sunday. Half way throught, I needed to go to the toilet
The toilet reminded me of a kampong (village) toilet.
When I closed the door, I was weary that there could be creapy crawlies behind the wooden door which was a common sight in a kampong toilet Thank goodness, there was none.
The squatting toilet bowl was very clean indeed and that was really different from a toilet in the kampong, which in the seventies was just a bucket. The bucket would be emptied every morning.

Most of us are living in affluence now that a sight such as this is one of the past. We should be grateful that we are living in comfort everyday. What else could we complain about?

Let's give thanks to every little thing that has made our life such a wonderful one.

4 comments:

SiewHoon said...

Me me... when I was in Mongolia, toilet is a wooden shed with a very deep hole...

Hee from the picture... I can see your reflection on the rusty mirror :P

M@rk said...

Ha Ha! you know when I was young, the shit hole was not a very deep hole. It was a bucket and not very far from where we were squatting. And really, we could see all sorts of colour shit, and plenty of worms.

Can you imagine that?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
north face factory outlet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...