Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sakura

It's spring time now in Japan and also a time for Sakura to blossom.
I realized, a pity after so many years, that along both sides of the road just outside my apartment are lined with these trees that bear pink flowers that from far look like Sakura. The flowers will fill the entire tree turning a major portion of the tree into Sakura pink. There are a few that bear white flowers.
These tree only bear flowers around the same time as Sakura and will only last for a short time. Now the whole road is painted pink by these trees.
It's a pity I haven't realized this in the past. I guess I must watch and appreciate the trees more.
Are you watching nature? Or just taking them for granted and like me, miss the beauty of nature.

2 comments:

cheri joan said...

You know what? You are not the only one...That's what I always thought when I see this tree. How they resemble the Sakura. The flowers comes in white variety too...and it really feels like Hanami is here.

M@rk said...

Yup! Did you visit Japan? Thought you wanted to go see the sakura?

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...