Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bloody Sunny

I returned home on Tuesday night and like usual, Sunny greated me with his barking and jumping with excitement. The only difference was that he was less energetic that night.

Soon he started vomitting, foamy stuff and quite a few times. He was like that for a few nights. What was worrying was I sensed that he was less energetic and he was like sitting down very often. He would ran and then suddenly sit on his backside. Was he feeling discomfort? Was he feeling pain? Was he feeling faint?

Questions ran in my mind and that was when I decided to take him to the veterinarian.

He was active in the clinic barking at the other dogs and strangers. Rather embarrassing.

When the vet examined him, she noticed that his gum was unusually pale and asked me whether it is normal for Sunny. Ha! I told her I never pay attention to the colour of his gum.

She advised me that one of the reasons for pale gum could be low blood count and if it was really a case of very low blood count and not treated, the dog might die. That was why I decided, on the recommendation of the vet, to have a blood test for Sunny.

The assistant had to poked him twice cos the first time she didn't manage to get enough blood from Sunny's hind leg as Sunny kicked the needle out and blood stained his fur.

She took from the front leg again and this time managed successfully with the help of another assistant.

We waited for the blood test result and every thing was normal, so the vet treated him for suspected stomach upset and gave him two japs.

Sunny was brave and stoic. He didn't whine at all.

He is the kind who will bear with the pain and discomfort. Sometmes, how I wish he could just communicate in some way to me.

That explains the pink bandage on his foot.

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...