Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Chow Tar" dish



Finally the soap dish that I made end last year has been glazed and fired.
and now it is sitting on my desk.
I am not really happy with the colour.
At first sight, my soap dish looks like "Chow Tar" - burned!
But as I look at it, I find that it has a certain beauty in it.

Life is like that, time could change your perception of things.
Just like now, I feel that my soap dish is not that ugly afterall.
The "Chow Tar" colour actually gives it a certain characteristics.

I guess if we "look" hard enough, we would find beauty in anything or any person for the matter.
I am sure, like me, you experience before the person you hate most at first become the best of your friends.
Right?

1 comment:

siewboon said...

Hmm, I was just wondering, why should we hate a person in the first place? "Hate" seems too harsh and scary a word to use.

"I never saw an ugly thing in my life; for let the form of an object be what it may - light, shade and perspective will always make it beautiful." ~ John Constable

There's never an ugly piece of art, ha, maybe there could be a beautiful story behind that little 'chow tar' dish :)

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...