Sunday, March 24, 2013

My very first ceramic bowl


Finally completed my first ceramic bowl. This was done with guidance from my instructor. It is still very raw in terms of skills and finishing. I was a little disappointed with the glaze.

There is so much more about glazing that I have yet to find out, that's why the effect of the glazing was far from what I have wanted it to be.

Nevertheless, art is about learning through the process. I really have to persist in it, perhaps one day, I would be able to come up with a piece that have character.

2 comments:

wsz said...

Congratulations!

Actually imperfection makes it wabi-sabi "perfect"...

So don't be too disappointed...

Maybe learn to love the imperfect?

M@rk said...

wsz

Thanks for leaving a note. You are right and will adjust my expectations and learn to accept and love imperfection.

Will show you two more pieces which are currently waiting to be fired.

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...