Saturday, December 17, 2011

10 days at Cambodia

Many were dumbfounded when I told them I'm going to Cambodia for 10 days.

What's there to do for such a long time?
Well, apparently we just eat, relax, eat, relax and sleep. Of course we do shop around but the little town has not plenty to offer in terms of shopping. There are many markets and night markets but mostly selling the same things.

Derrick bought a bronze Apsara figure at the old market. We managed to bring the price down from USD140 to USD 95.

For the 10 days, we stayed at three hotels, Raffles De Royal, hotel De La Paix and Le Residence De Angkor. Of these, I like De la Paix most for it's modern clean cut feel. Next I love Raffles for it's colonial English ambiance and third on my list will be Le Residence, which has it's charm with the lush greenery surrounding it's green tiled lap pool.

Very relaxing indeed!

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...