Saturday, December 17, 2011

Angkor Wat


 We woke up at about 4 am to get ready to catch sunrise at Angkor Wat. The driver was waiting for us at the hotel lobby when we were there at 5 am.


It was a short distance from our hotel to the temple. It was still dark when we reached there. There were already many early risers there all surrounding the pool on the left side of the temple. We guessed it must be the best spot to catch the sunrise.

The sun took it's time to rise, more slowly than I expected. The sight was not spectacular, not as I've imagined it to be, whole sky colored orange.

Nevertheless I'm glad that I made the effort to go see the sunrise. If you made effort to accomplish something, I guess it's rewarding when you finally savour the reward.



Temple Ta Prohm, made famous by the movie Tomb Raider.
The most interesting site of the temples.



Tree roots of Ta Prohm




Monks robed in brght orange hired by
professional photographers for photo shoot.


No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...