Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Toxic food

This looks fresh and green and definitely a great food for us as it reduces the risk of heart attack.

I just found out, to my horror, that this if consumed by dogs could be harmful to them. The Iphone apps "Jackboy's dog bakery" states that if brocolli exceeds 25% of a dog's diet, it is fatal.

Oops! sorry Sunny for feeding you broccoli on Christmas eve.

And yes, there are many other foods that seems healthy to human but harmful to dogs.

Grapes is another one. If too much milk is consumed, it will cause diarrhea or other digestive upset as dogs do not possess significant amount of lactase that breaks down the lactose in milk.

The lesson to learn is that not everything that seems harmless is really so.

Be discerning and ignorant is definitely not a bliss here.

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...