Thursday, December 16, 2010

The heavenly Japanese bread

Today was really an eventful day.
We went to Rejoice, a cafe owned by Rika's friend, to learn to bake bread. The butter bread from Rejoice is really heavenly. I've never tasted anything close to this.

We were so fortunate that the owner of the cafe conducted a baking lesson for baking the butter bread.

It is not easy baking bread, especially the perfect one. It is not just by following the recipe, but Kan Jan was there to give us those valuable tips from her many years of baking experience.

The Japanese is not just focus on making tasty bread, but also in making the perfect looking bread.

Under the tutelage of our master, we baked decent looking butter bread and I must say they taste good too. Of course the credit goes to Kan Jan, our master.

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...