Sunday, February 6, 2011

Machiam Tok Panjang ( Just like long table )

It has been a long time since we gather at Erinna's place.
As one becomes uncle or aunty, gathering of friends becomes sitting around a table surrounded with great food.
It was indeed a sumptuous dinner, specially prepared by Erinna, her mother and in-law. Home cooked food never tasted this best.
On this long dining table, I love the soup and the Lobak ( black stew pork ) best. Of course, the rest of the dishes were all exquisite too.
In the past, the Babas would invite friends, usually the VIPs, for dinner and they would sit around the long table laid with fine home cooked food.

We felt like VIP that night. I'm so fortunate to be part of the Tok Panjang. I felt like VIP served with the best food.

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...