Tuesday, January 24, 2012

When given a lemon

On lunar new year eve, just as I was driving out of the carpark to head for my reunion dinner, I heard strange noises.

I stopped the car and got out to take a look and discovered that the front left wheel got a puncture. I drove back to the carpark and used Derrick's car instead.

As it's CNY, all mechanics are closed for the public holidays. I tried to change to the spare tire this morning so that tomorrow I could drive it to a mechanic. I've replaced tire before so it is not a challenge for me. As I was changing the tire, I realized that the floor is not concrete road but there are holes and the jack could not rest firmly on the floor. So a problem arose while I was trying to solve the first problem. I managed to shift the car back a little and found a spot where the jack could rest firmly on the concrete floor, but only after screwing back all the nuts which i had already unscrewed.

Life is like that, and many times, problems keep arising while you are trying to find solutions. And it always happen to me. But I guess we just have to be very focused to solve all problems, no matter how many more will arise along the way, ultimately everything will turn out well. Never give in to life, take each problem at a time and you will triumph over all the stumbling stones.

When life gives you lemons, it sucks but turn them into lemonade, never ever give in to life's challenges!

No comments:

The Third Life

  The third life! As I enter this phase of my life, there are obvious and inevitable changes to me, be it physically, mentally and even circ...